Friday, May 11, 2012

RECHARGE YOUR BATTERIES


Recharge your batteries

Being run down and tired seemed to be part and parcel of my early motherhood days, I slept very little, I tried to do everything for the outside world but myself. I even abandoned meditation. I was burnt out! This made me feel empty, because my own needs were not being met.. but internally, doing something for myself felt somewhat selfish and egocentric.

 I thought as a mother I just had to keep doing for the child and sacrifice my time, my dreams and my desires, at least for the time being. Advice poured in about how quickly they would grow and how I would never be able to get their childhood back again! Guilt! Yes, that was very much part of early motherhood, when I was exploring my new found role!

Navigating those feelings, I slowly started to figure out that taking care of myself was really my first priority, because if I did not take care of myself then who would take care of my child?

Yes, the first thought about recharging that is probably crossing your mind is rest, right?  

I have 3 slighty different ways to recharge yourself:

1.     Take a sincere look at how you have been thinking, feeling, acting and being with yourself. Is something in your life out of alignment? Explore your behavior, your belief system and your pattern. Have you been trying too hard to do something so that you can please an external source? Look at the root cause of your energy drain. When I explored that in my early motherhood days, I discovered that I was ascribing to a role model of a mother that was perfect! The one that is always smiling and happy to be with the baby and completely forgets who she is. I had to align myself to who I was and kicked that pedestal away from my mind and decided that I was going to be the best mother I could be in my terms,  in my eyes, and not in the eyes of the beholder! This acceptance somehow gave me the confidence to  extricate myself from that sacrificial role and stand up for myself, making me a better mother/person actually.

2   Another way to recharge is to ask yourself if you are doing something that is draining your energy because you don’t like what you do. Sometimes when you go against your wishes, your heart’s desires, the mind will protest in many ways. Ask your heart what it truly wants and when you know that, honor it.

3.  Check your flow of energy and notice what, or who or where your energy is being drained into, where is the leak from? Is it a certain situation that you simply need to disconnect from, is it some kind of drama that you are getting sucked into? Is it a conflict that you need to address? When you find out what is exhausting you, then resolve it. You will find that these techniques can really help you find that natural state of vibrancy and  energetic exchange with the Universe.


I believe in you and I know you will make breakthroughs, as you have done before. I specialize in helping people make that critical shift from where they are to where they want to be.




Until tomorrow my beautiful readers, mothers, friends and perhaps foes J I invite you to master the art of goal setting and achieving those goals!

As usual if you have any questions or comments I am here to help you!
I am a Life Coach and I teach moms and anyone else (also via Skype sessions) to make that internal  leap from where you are to where you want to be in the external world from achieving your most audacious dreams to finding  profound success , fulfillment and inner peace. Check out my testimonials and invest in yourself and let us make that leap forward!!
251-609-1251
P.S. sign up for my blog/follow me or go to my website to get a free abundance e-course. Lots of good feedback on that one! ENJOY!
©alivewithadwiti LLC

2 comments:

  1. tryin to unplug those leaks...no use filling water in a bucket with a hole...

    ReplyDelete