Monday, April 16, 2012

LIFE LESSONS FROM CHILDREN


Life lessons from Children

Beautiful Greetings Moms,


“Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.” Khalil Gibran

I read “The Prophet” by Khalil Gibran when I was a mere 16 year old and I have been profoundly touched by this poem in a deeply inspiring way. As a child when I read this, it made sense to me because I lost my mother when I was five, so belonging to life itself made perfect sense to me.

Through the years, this poem has significantly evolved in my mind and reached the core of my soul.

So for  mothers in all stages of their lives - new mothers, mothers who are having teenagers, mothers who are empty nesting…. please take a moment to breath and know that your children are perfect in their path and their wisdom of the world. They come with a spiritual knowledge of the path and we are here to walk with them, learn with them, guide them, be with them and love them.

Here are some easy ways to walk with your children in guidance.

Relax with the knowledge that the infinite organizing power of the Universe is at play and all you need to do is step into the “trust”, and flow with secure awareness from your heart.



If you believe in God, then know that your children are in his/her hands. Imagine placing your children in the divine hand of God and letting him/her do the work. If you let Ego do the work of God/Spirit then it might not deliver the results that Life longs for. How freeing it is to know that you  have now placed your children in the fertile soil of all creation, infinite possibilities and unconditional love.

When you come to a deep knowing in your heart that all of us are here for a purpose and in a journey, with our quota of life lessons (yes even our children) then hopefully your perspective of your burdens will be lightened and you step into your own “divine” nature, belonging to life itself.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask me or comment. I will be glad to hopefully show the insight within you.

With all my love and thank you for fulfilling life’s longing for itself.

You are beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. Ads! Superb! Your sharing has always worked wonders for me.It's a confirmity to my own belief,Strengthens my point,makes me more confident and sure of myself.it always makes me feel good & sesure ,refreshes my soul and makes me say ''AHA ! AM too GOOD '' brings a smile on my face .Thanks,Looking forward to all those 100 blogs.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello My Beautiful Friend!

    You bring the Divine Spirit's thoughts out so eloquently yet so easy for everyone to understand!

    I love your reference to Kahil Gibran's work as this was is truly a Divine Messenger and one of my absolute favorites of all time! I love his reference to the "Archer" as I am one myself and have had that hobby for years! The arrows speed and distance is entirely dependent on the stability of the bow for sure.

    "You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
    The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
    Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
    For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable"- "On Children" by Kahil Gibran

    As parents, we are so afraid of the harsh learning lessons of the past repeating themselves that causes us to believe we can somehow outsmart any pitfalls of our children's future. Some even try to fill in their gaps of supposed missed opportunities by molding their child's path. It is the belief that these are brand new souls that need to be formed but these are not brand new souls but infinite beings of the Divine. They do not belong to us, we do not belong to us but to the Creative Spirit. These beautiful souls make a sacred agreement to come through us and into this world and trust us to love and support them as they go along their own unique path to be a reflection of God's love that he has for all of us. We all are held in God's firm and loving hand, he the rock that we spring out into life from. He is not sad but smiles with gladness and pride as we embark on these journeys.
    We do not need to be perfect in everything we do here, we just need to be the platform in which our children leap into new heights from. The more stable the foundation, the farther they will go: )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soden and Wendy, Thank you so much for the wonderful feedbacks! My life is infinitely better because of you guys in it! :)

    ReplyDelete