Friday, May 18, 2012

WHY DO YOU NEED TO REST?


Greetings my beautiful, amazing mothers,

Today I want to emphasize the importance of taking a break. I have too many clients come to me after they are already burnt out!

                    

Wherever you are, whatever you are doing right now, stop and take a few moments to simply acknowledge and appreciate yourself. Close your eyes and summon the positive images and smile to yourself and say " You're soooo fine, baby!"

But in this very fast paced culture that we live in, our values are shifting on a daily basis. Our  society is constantly celebrating the doers , we give so much significance to achievements and  measured successes, that we are making a fast descent into idol worshiping only success, where success seems to be GOD. Not that I am anti-success , but the worshiping of it skews the well being of the society at large.

To rest is to rejuvenate and reconstruct. To rest is to refresh. To rest is to renew. To rest is to get in touch with the real you, the core being, the one that knows no limitations, and to recognize intimately the spirit that you were born with.


                      

Why do you need to rest?

 You need to rest in order to:

  •        To communicate with yourself. Charity begins at home.
  •         To recharge your own batteries.
  •         To nourish your soul.
  •         To heal your tired body and spirit.
  •         Let yourself know how much you love , value and cherish yourself.
  •     To have a deep inner relationship with with yourself. Often  times it is easy to forget while fostering external relationships.
  •         To have a deeper connection with God/Universe .


How do you make this happen?

·       Once a week make a date with yourself, actually log it in your calendar.

·       Shift your consciousness from doing to being.  Balance is key.

·       Make a list of things to do and add “Rest for an hour”.

·       Make yourself a nook. Make it a comfortable inviting place. Surround this alcove with things you love and admire. Then negotiate with your family that when you are in your nook no one can disturb you because while taking care of yourself, you are taking care of them.  One morning I was doing my yoga and my then 5 year old daughter kept disturbing me, wanting my constant attention. She then proceeded to emotionally blackmailing me by saying “ mamma, I feel you are neglecting me and not taking care of me”.  I replied back “ Darling, Mommy is taking care of you really. Exercising as you know makes mommy healthier and fitter, when mommy is healthy she can take care of you better.”  She understood and has never distracted me again.

·       Give yourself permission to just do nothing , sort of like a pink pass to a guilt free rest because you deserve it! You are the Queen of the house but you have to believe that, you have to promote that to yourself,  that is the most important step.

              

Hope all these tips help you shift your paradigm and you are on your way to a balanced and healthy reality.


I believe in you and I know you will make breakthroughs, as you have done before. I specialize in helping people make that critical shift from where they are to where they want to be.



I am a Life Coach and I teach moms and anyone else (also via Skype sessions) to make that internal  leap from where you are to where you want to be in the external world from achieving your most audacious dreams to finding  profound success , fulfillment and inner peace. Check out my testimonials and invest in yourself and let us make that leap forward!!
251-609-1251
P.S. sign up for my blog/follow me or go to my website to get a free abundance e-course. Lots of good feedback on that one! ENJOY!



©alivewithadwiti LLC

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for yet another piece of wisdom.

    So here's to us tired moms taking "rest" seriously & logging it. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have been writing an article a day for the past 34 days..will continue until the 100th day and then will taper back to an article a week. I am so grateful that you are appreciating my efforts! :)

      Delete