Tuesday, May 8, 2012

GOAL SETTING PART 4-DON'T TRY TOO HARD


Beautiful Greetings Mothers,

How was your Monday? I know Mondays are a little hectic and I managed to make oven roasted beef for my daughter who loves  meat and potatoes ( not my favorite!) for dinner.  Well fifteen minutes before meal time, I peeked into the dish and poked it with a fork and oh dear…The beef was as hard as a rock! She said  the house smelled great and was really looking forward to the meal! 

I  opened  my fridge and started looking for alternatives and I found some raw chicken and tofu , both would take way too much time to make it for dinner! And then, it suddenly hit me! I did have a pressure cooker. I dumped the beef into the pressure cooker and by six o’clock the most tender beef appeared in her plate. She loved it!

While I was in the middle of scooping the beef into her plate, I got a phone call from a client. She usually does not ever call, so I thought it might be an emergency, so I answered the phone. It was not urgent but it made me think and gave me some material for my next blog!
She said she was stuck with one of her projects we had started working on and just could not find a way out of it, she needed to get unstuck and needed the project to move forward so she could achieve her goal according to the time we had set. She said she was frustrated and very stressed that she was not going to make the deadline.

She was trying too hard!

These were the tips I gave her:

1.     Goals are not set in stone, it is  malleable and that is the beauty of life. When the goals are set in such a way that you would want nothing else besides that particular target, then you are closing the doors to everything else that the Universe has to offer. Be flexible, be open to finding different ways or even a different outcome. Release the attachment to the outcome.

2.     The way to be flexible is by giving 100% on whatever you are working on and then leave the rest to the Universe. You cannot control what happens after that!

3.     You have heard plenty about the Law of Attraction, now let us explore a little of Law of Reverse effect. Have you ever tried so hard and nothing has worked for you? Simple example is swimming, in order for your body to be buoyant you need to relax, if you tense up your muscles you are likely to drown. It is like when you forget a word, a name of a movie, author of a book and you try and try to remember and then when you give up..it comes to you either in the middle of the night or when you are brushing your teeth. When you relax, ideas and creativity enter your psyche without any resistance and you can flow easily with the Universe. It is the same with your goals. Don’t try so hard that you are frustrated.

4.           Stress is the result of your expectations not being met, and for sure this opportunity is presented to you at any given time of the day.    Frustration consumes too much of your energy  that can be utilized into something good. Stress causes so much dysfunction in your physiology including suppressing your immune system, slowing down digestion and preventing you from making good decisions. So, take that breather and the five minutes of calm.http://mothersmotivation.blogspot.com/2012/04/five-minutes-of-calm.html

5.     Step away from the issue. Take a break. Here is a really good tip from Napoleon Hill’s  book “Think and grow Rich”. Walk away from the problem and before you go to sleep ask it to be solved. From my personal experience, many problems have been solved in my sleep. Try it! 

I believe in you and I know you will make breakthroughs, as you have done before. I specialize in helping people make that critical shift from where they are to where they want to be.



Until tomorrow my beautiful readers, mothers, friends and perhaps foes J I invite you to master the art of goal setting and achieving those goals!

As usual if you have any questions or comments I am here to help you!
I am a Life Coach and I teach moms and anyone else (also via Skype sessions) to make that internal  leap from where you are to where you want to be in the external world from achieving your most audacious dreams to finding  profound success , fulfillment and inner peace. Check out my testimonials and invest in yourself and let us make that leap forward!!
251-609-1251
P.S. sign up for my blog/follow me or go to my website to get a free abundance e-course. Lots of good feedback on that one! ENJOY!
©alivewithadwiti LLC


No comments:

Post a Comment